Like the 4th of July, Fort Vancouver across the Columbia River from Portland in Vancouver, Washington hosts the biggest celebration — though biggest in this case means a few hundred people, not tens of thousands. Here is a list of this and other local Flag Day events, most on the day itself, Sunday, June 14th.
- Milwaukie – Noon flag raising and flag disposal ceremony at City Hall, featuring Mayor Wilda Parks and the Milwaukie American Legion Color Guard .
- Portland – Belligerante Flag Day Ride, 1:00 leaving 1:45 from Yorgos Bar & Grill. “Come celebrate our nations iconic symbol in all its glory and Majesty. Dress up your self and your bike in red while & blue regalia as we tour N and N.E Portland.”
- Portland – 4th Annual Battle of the Belgians, 5:00-9:00 at Bazi Bierbrasserie. “It’s Flag Day so what an appropriate day to have a friendly US versus Belgium beer competition.”
- Portland – Flag Day Nondenomenational “Choir-a-thon”, noon-3:30 at Our Lady of Sorrows Parish. A number of small choirs (fewer than 25 singers) will perform. “The event will cultimate in an all-choir patriotic jam session.”
- Tigard – Flag Day Walk on June 13, 10:00 from Metzger Elementary School. “Participants will receive a special tchotchke in honor of the day.”
- Vancouver, WA – 3:30 event for all ages at Fort Vancover includes the Clark County Mayors’ Patriotic Tie Competition. The American Flag Foundation’s annual National Pause for the Pledge of Allegiance will be observed at 4:00. Sponsored by Veolia Water, 350-500 attendees expected.